Because my sister just gave birth to her baby girl a little over 6 weeks ago, this article from Babble.com, written by Alison Faulkner, caught my eye.
Not only are the "8 things you shouldn't say to a pregnant woman" interesting- because I can't believe anyone would actually say them- BUT THEN reading the comments from women who'd actually had worse uttered to them while they were with child...CRAZINESS! First- the 8 things...
1. "Are you sure you're not having twins?!"
2. "You can't possibly go any longer! Your stomach looks like it's going to explode!"
3."My wife had 5 kids and she never got as large as you are right now."
4. "How are you feeling, other than large?"
5. "Now you're sure your doctors think everything is ok? You just seem really large for this stage of the pregnancy."
6. "No offense…but are you pregnant?"
7. "So it looks like you've gained even more weight with this baby than you did with the last?"
8. "You get so big when you're pregnant you might as well add another baby in there!"
Click here for the full article.
Now for a couple of the comments from women...
When I was pregnant with my 2nd child, my neighbor asked me if I was having a girl because my prettiness had been taken away (!) On top of that I was having a boy.
When I was 39 weeks,I got accused of stealing a watermelon,because all I had was a belly,so i pulled my shirt up and said No melon here, but your welcome to come to the delivery.
Ladies- anyone make a crazy comment to you while you were pregnant? Post it below!