I gasped out loud this morning as I read this list.
According to an article from 'The Huffington Post', here are some of the crazy beliefs throughout history that physicians, philosophers, and other men who helped figure out modern medicine, believed about women's bodies...
A rundown of some of the craziest of these beliefs:
- Books made women sterile.
- Some girls didn't need to eat. Like ever.
- "Hysteria" was cured by "personal massagers."
- Self-pleasuring caused flat chests.
- Lemons prevented pregnancy.
- Seeing ugly things when pregnant made ugly babies.
- Women had fewer teeth than men.
- Wombs wandered around inside the body, causing illnesses.