You can't fix stupid and you can't fix drunken stupidity. A man in Putnam County, Florida is now in critical condition after he decided to get too friendly with a snake. A venomous diamondback rattlesnake to be specific. 

According to a friend of the unnamed victim, the man had been drinking when he was handling the seemingly calm snake. He must have been smitten with the serpent because the victim went in for a smooch.

For his trouble, the man was bit on the tongue and had to be airlifted to a nearby hospital. It's unclear where the snake came from considering it's illegal to keep a rattlesnake in Florida without a license. At this point, no charges have been filed. 

Source: My News 13