There are a lot of things that can take a toll on a marriage, and a person’s occupation can certainly be one of them. But which jobs are the worst for a relationship? Well, a new report has the answer.
A new survey by LendingTree finds:
- Folks in the military have it bad, with 3.09% of married folks doing military work getting divorced in 2019, almost twice the national divorce rate.
- Other fields with high divorce rates include:
- Health Care Support (2.65%)
- Food Preparation and Serving (2.49%)
- Extraction Occupations (2.47%)
- Protective Service Occupations (2.15%)
But when it comes to individual occupations, it sounds like those who lsten to patron’s problems need someone to listen to theirs.
- Bartenders have the highest divorce rate of any occupation, at 4.34%.
- The divorce rate among female bartenders is 4.58%, while the rate among male bartenders is 3.92%.
Top 10 Individual Jobs With The Highest Divorce Rate
- Bartenders (4.34%)
- Waiters and Waitresses (3.4%)
- Home Health Aids (2.87%)
- Nursing Assistants (2.81%)
- Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses (2.69%)
- Medical Assistants (2.66%)
- Dishwashers (2.64%)
- Personal Care Aids (2.62%)
- Security guards and gambling surveillance officers (2.57%)
- Industrial truck and tractor operators (2.52%)
- As for the jobs with the lowest divorce rates for both men and women, those are:
- Farmers and Ranchers
- The overall divorce rate across all these jobs is just 0.70%.