- Kayak has just come out with their annual Travel Hacker Guide, which gives tips on the best time to travel
- The best time for cheap domestic travel is in January, while March is best for international trips, plus flexible departure days can help with the price
- Maui, Hawaii is gaining in popularity the most this year, while for the third year in a row, Las Vegas looks to be the overall most popular destination
A lot of folks are probably already dreaming about their 2018 vacations, and just as many are likely already doing research to pick their next destination. Well, Kayak is here to help, and has just come out with their annual Travel Hacker Guide, which gives tips on the best time to travel, as well as reveals the destinations that are looking to be the most popular of the year.
Overall, the site says if you’re looking to find a cheap domestic flight, your best bet is to fly this month, with January 31st being the cheapest day to fly of the year. International travelers should think about traveling in March, when the median airfare price is the lowest, with March 19thbeing the cheapest day for international travel.
Another tip is to be flexible with departure days, with some of the cheapest days to fly falling on either a Tuesday or Saturday.
- So, where is everyone going this year? Well, according to the site, Maui, Hawaii is seems to be gaining the most popular this year, with searches up 51%, followed by Barcelona, which is up 33%.
- Overall, the most popular destination for 2018 is going to be Las Vegas, the third year in a row, and if a beach vacation is more of your style, Ocho Rios in Jamaica seems to be the spot most people are interested in, with searches up 206%. If saving money is the most important thing to you, you may want to look into Guadalajara, Mexico, which is about 41% less than the average trip cost.
Top Ten Most Popular Destinations For 2018
- Las Vegas
- New York
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
Source: Business Insider