I am...I admit it...STUPID LUCKY. I walked into a country bar...looked up and spotted the man I was going to marry...period. I loved him immediately. So much so, in fact, that I SHOULD have slowed my roll and let my brain catch up:) But, even though there were a few bumps, I couldn't be happier and 20+ years later, he's still the love of my life and my best friend. Like I said, STUPID LUCKY. But these are the things you NEED to know before you let yourself say "I do".... ~Karla
Things You Need To Know Before You Get Married - This may be the month for love, but a little reality check is being offered by therapists.
“Today” asked marriage therapist Liz Higgins to offer advice to couples planning to wed. Thee are a few things you may not have even thought about that she brought up.
Before you walk down the aisle, know these keys:
- Your spouse isn’t going to complete you. You need to balance alone time and couple time.
- Be aware of expectations. If they are too high, you are in for a bumpy ride.
- You won’t always feel “in love.” It’s a great feeling, but reality steps in.
- Know your partner’s finances. If you don’t mesh, there’s work to do.
- Learn how to handle conflict.
- If things get tough, don’t call it quits immediately. Marriage is hard work. Put in the time.