The time change is wiping the kids and me out! This new 30 min routine may help us sleep a little deeper...Hopefully!~Karla
So, what should you be doing 30 minutes before bedtime to maximize your sleep? Well, here are a few steps:
- 30 minutes before bed – Complete any final tasks, like emails or paying bills, and make a to-do list for the next day.
- 25 minutes before bed – Shutdown the blue lights, meaning turn off your laptops, iPads and phones.
- 20 minutes before bed – Brush your teeth, and wash your face, and gals take off your makeup. Don’t do this at the last minute because the water on your face can wake you up a bit.
- 15 minutes before bed – Take a quick five-minute hot shower. Heating the body can cool you down, which is good for sleep.
- 10 minutes before bed – Go to the bathroom. Lots of people lose sleep because they wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.
- 5 minutes before bed – Stop talking. This is the time for quiet so no more chats with your partner. Also, don’t actually get into your bed until then. Try and limit your bed to just sleep on most nights.
Source: New York Post