The Super Bowl is less than two weeks away, and while a lot of people are excited for the game, it seems even more are excited about the food they’ll eat while watching it.
A new poll finds that:
- 56% of people say the main reason they get together to watch the Super Bowl is the food.
- Of course, food isn’t the only reason folks get together for the big game. Other reasons include:
- For social reasons (54%)
- The game itself (49%)
- For family gatherings (46%)
- The commercials (38%)
- 40% of people are so interested in the food and social aspects of the party that they missed most of the game.
- 74% of people eat more at a Super Bowl party than any other sporting event or viewing party.
- Baby Boomers will likely eat about 1,710 calories during their Super Bowl party, while Gen Zers will only eat about 388.
When it comes to what food they enjoy most during a Super Bowl party, it’s not really shocking to hear that the top choice is chicken wings (50%). Other top Super Bowl party foods include:
- Pizza (45%)
- Chicken bites (38%)
- Mozzarella sticks (33%)
- Chips (32%)
- Veggies & dip (28%)
- Loaded potato skins (28%)
- Cookies (26%)
- Fruit (26%)
- Hot dogs (26%)