Turkey is the go-to meat for an American Thanksgiving dinner, but the sides that accompany the bird vary from state to state. The usual suspects are mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and green bean casserole, but here are some unique twists that were uniquely searched for on Google by state.
- Alabama –Cornbread dressing– a perennial favorite with the recipeHERE
- Arizona –Ham– Honey Glazed Brown Sugar Hamhere's the recipe
- California –Gravy– a must for any Thanksgiving dinner withthis recipe
- Connecticut –Sweet potato–combined with maple syrup and cranberries
- Florida –Cornbread– the traditional recipeHERE
- Idaho –Mashed potatoes–an obvious choice for this dish prepared likethis
- Indiana –Baked mac and cheese– 4 different kinds of cheese make upthis recipe
- Kentucky –Broccoli casserole – homemade cheese sauce and a Ritz cracker topping make for anunusual recipefor this great side dish
- New York – Potatoes – sage and lemon zest add fresh flavor to theseclassic roasted crispy potatoes
- Virginia –Candied yams– another sweet potato variation clearing up all confusion over yams and sweet potatoes preparedlike this
Searched items for all of the states not listed abovecan be found hereso get creative and make Thanksgiving 2020 the best one yet!
Source:The Daily Meal