Real life romance is rarely like the movies, but that’s not stopping Americans from wanting a little of that Rom-Com magic in their lives.
A new survey finds:
- 70% of folks admit they’d love to have one “movie magic” kiss in their lifetime.
- When it comes to magical romantic moments, the average person has had about seven, although 14% of people have had only two.
- But some folks are luckier, with 22% of people saying they’ve had over 10 romantic moments they would describe as magical.
Of course some romantic movie moments are more magical than others.
- When asked to name the most romantic movie moment, 36% of respondents named the kiss in the rain during “The Notebook,” followed by:
- "I'm flying" moment from “Titanic” (34%)
- Mr. Darcy's second proposal in “Pride and Prejudice” (33%)
- The upside-down kiss from “Spider-Man” (32%)
- The car scene from “Titanic” (31%)
- The "to me you are perfect" scene from “Love Actually” (29%)
- The lift from “Dirty Dancing” (23%)
- The New Year's Eve monologue from “When Harry Met Sally” (22%)
- The Ikea date in “(500) Days of Summer” (20%)
- The Empire State scene from “Sleepless in Seattle) (19%)
- The pottery scene from “Ghost” (18%)
- The boombox serenade from “Say Anything” (18%)