The topic of gender equality is still pretty important these days and it’s no secret that there’s a long way to go before women everywhere are truly treated as equals to men. Of course, where a gal lives may affect how she’s being treated, and, just in time for Women’s History Month, a new report by WalletHub reveals which states do the best at treating their female population fairly.
- The site just released their annual Best and Worst States For Women list.
- They looked at all 50 states and the District of Columbia across 26 key indicators of living standards for women.
- They include median earnings, women’s preventative healthcare, job security, share of women-owned business, share of physically active women and more.
- Minnesota tops the list this year, with a score of 77.68, and comes in at number one for economic and social well-being, and second for health and safety.
- Hawaii, which comes in 34thoverall, is tops for women’s health and safety.
The Ten Best U.S. States For Women
- North Dakota
- District of Columbia
- South Dakota
- On the other end of the spectrum, Mississippi is the worst state for women, earning a 37.54 and coming in dead last for economic and social well-being, and in the bottom 10 for health and safety.
The Ten Worst States in the U.S. for Women
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- New Mexico
Click hereto find out where your state lands.