Financial Expert Shares Tips To Cut Grocery Bill In Half: Mrs. Mummypenny knows her way around saving cash. She happens to be a popular UK financial expert. Now she’s dishing out tips on how to slash grocery bills in half.
Here are her 10 tips:
- Always have a shopping list and stick to it – but before you do, make sure you have raided the cupboards and fridge freezer to see what you can use up for the week ahead
- Choose a half-size cart – there is less room to fill with impulse purchases and things you don’t need
- Walk the supermarket in a specific order – start at the reduced section, then visit the frozen food aisles, then the canned products and finish at the fresh foods
- Always look at the lowest level foods – the non-branded products are likely to be lower down and out of the eye line
- Always look at the unit pricing – displayed on the shelf edge label. Promotions on smaller-sized products can make the cost cheaper compared to bigger items
- The frozen food aisle is your friend – these products are frozen at the point of picking which means nutrients are immediately locked in and last longer as well as being better value than fresh
- Try batch cooking – rather than making it for the exact number of household members, double it and freeze it
- Opt more for meat-free recipes – some meat alternatives can be cheaper than meat, and products such as lentils or tofu are great alternatives while being substantial and better value for money.
- Make the most of shopping vouchers – apps such as Green Jinn and Shopmium offer heavily discounted items you can use in store
- Sign up to supermarket loyalty schemes and apps to earn rewards and get great discounts
Also, one of my favorite cheap meal youtubers is from RIGHT HERE in Tulsa!! Check out one of her videos below...