“USA Today” has just come out with a list of the travel photos people need to stop taking, mostly because at this point they are cliché and have been done to death. So, if you’re heading out in the next few weeks, you may want to listen up.
Travel photos you should stop taking right now:
- Cute photos with landmarks – Yes we know it’s hard to resist taking a picture so it looks like you’re holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa, or pinching the Statue of Liberty, but guess what? You’re not the first person to think of it, and we’ve seen it a million times.
- Feet in the sand – We get it, you’re at the beach, but who needs to look at your feet? How about putting the rest of your body in the picture? And that goes for more than just the beach, it could be anywhere, on top of a mountain, during a hike, you name it.
- Jumping – Just why? Does jumping in a spot make it seem cooler?
- Selfie stick photos – Yeah, you may think it makes selfies easier, but those selfie stick shots tend to feature part of the handle in them so they don’t look as good as you think. Plus they usually bother other people around you, and you don't want to be that annoying person.
- Heart-framed shots – A beautiful scenic shot is just that, beautiful. You don’t need to ruin it by shaping your fingers into a heart and putting it smack dab in the middle of the photo.
- Food photos – Sure some dishes are just so pretty you need to snap them, but first off, you shouldn’t be spending more than 30 seconds on that shot. Food is there to eat not photograph. Secondly, nobody wants to see your plain old salad.
- The solo ice cream cone – It seems a lot of people like to show off manicures or rings by holding up an ice cream cone for a photo. Come on, it’s gonna melt, just eat it.
Source: USA Today