While most of us know that getting up off our butt and exercising is good for our health, there are still plenty of us who just don’t do it. In fact, according to the CDC, 22.7% of those 20 and older lead completely sedentary lives, which for some could lead to premature deaths.
Well, it shouldn’t be too much of a shock to hear that there are folks in some states that are way lazier than others, and now a new report reveals where those lazy people are.
- 24/7 Wall Street just came out with their list of the Laziest States in the U.S.
- They based their findings on County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute report.
- The states are ranked based on the share of adults 20 and older who report no leisure-time physical activity.
- Topping the list as America’s laziest state is Arkansas, where 30.4% of the population don’t exercise, and 63.5% have no access to places for physical activity.
- Also, the state has the fifth-highest adult obesity rate, at 35%.
Top 10 Laziest States in the U.S.
(click here for the complete rankings)
- West Virginia
- As for the least lazy state, that would be Colorado, where only 14.8% of the population don't exercise. Colorado also has the lowest adult obesity rate in the nation (22.4%).
Source:24/7 Wall Street