When we are young, a lot of us think we will have all the answers when we get older, but the truth is you just get handed a new set of problems you have to figure out. And while there are some things about getting older you can prepare yourself for, there are others you simply can’t.
Well, someone on Reddit recently posed the question “What is a adult problem nobody prepared you for?” and plenty of people shared their thoughts.
Such problems include:
- “Lack of purpose. All your young life you are given purpose of passing exams and learning, then all of a sudden you are thrown into the world and told to find your own meaning.”
- “You can stay up as late as you want. But you shouldn't.”
- “$5K is a lot to owe, but not a lot to have.”
- “I'm at 50, and yeah, every bruise takes twice as long to heal, every ankle twist takes a week before it's back to normal. I'm starting to see why old people move so slowly. One little screw up and it would take forever to recover.”
- “Getting burnt out.”
- “Almost all of your friends won’t be life long. No one really talks about how common it is to lose touch with people or grow apart. Most of your life will be spent either making new friends while losing old ones or being alone.”
- “Handling the decline and death of your parents.”
- “Not having a lot of free-time or time by myself.”
- “Having to make dinner every. F**king. Day.”
- “Life is all about maintenance. Your body, your house, your relationships, everything requires constant never-ending maintenance.
- “Being able to do so many things because I'm an adult but too tired to do any of them.”