When picking a name for your baby it’s doubtful you’ll please everyone, but at the end of the day the choice is yours and yours alone. But there are bound to be people who judge you for the name you pick and know there are some names that many agree are the absolute worst.
So, what are these awful names?
- Well, parents on the mommy forum Mumsnet have chimed in with their choices for the absolute worst baby names that many mothers still love.
- It all started when someone posed the question, “What would you never name a child and why?"
- Surprisingly, many of the names on the list are rather ordinary.
- Topping the list as the worst name is Mia, the reason being is that it means “missing in action.”
Top 10 Worst Baby Names (And Why)
- Mia – Because it means "missing in action."
- Lana – As spelt backwards, it looks rather rude.
- Fanny – "For obvious reasons."
- Grace – Because "there are very few accents that say it gracefully."
- Amelia – As one mom "find(s) the 'me' so whiney."
- Graham – As "it sounds like "Grey Ham'."
- Flora – One mum admitted: "(it) makes me think of bacteria."
- Alexa – Because it sounds too much like the virtual assistant.
- Mercedes – A parent said: "She’s a child not a car."
- Luna – Because "it's a pet name."
Source: The Mirror